Getting a Goodnight sleep is important for an active and stress-free day. However, sometimes it seems impossible to fall asleep. Isn’t it? You will be shocked to know that you can control your sleep by following some healthy sleep habits. It will change your restlessness to restfulness. This whole scenario is known as sleep hygiene. It is the best way to get the proper sleep, depending on your age and stress level. Also, it will help you to maintain your health and lose some weight. Try to follow the below-given tips and get some better sleep at night.
10 Tested Tips to improve the quality of your Sleep:
- Have a Control on Your Caffeine Consumption: Avoid consuming caffeine at late in the day as it stimulates your nervous system and reduces the relaxing power. You should not have it after 3-4 p.m.
- Go for Soothing Pre-sleep Activities: Before sleeping, make sure to focus on some relaxing activities like reading, bathing, listening to music and more. Avoid stressful work as it will have a bad impact on your sleep quality.
- Recommendation : 5 Self Help Books Should Be Read By Successful People
- Optimize Your Bedroom Environment: When we talk about the bedroom environment, we are indirectly controlling the temperature, noise, light, furniture and mattress. When you’ll control the following points, your sleep will automatically become better.
- Exercise Daily: Exercise can help you to sleep faster and reduce the symptoms of Insomnia. Exercise can serve more benefits than most of sleeping drugs. Also, it will reduce your anxiety level and make you feel stress less.
- Manage The Light of Your Bedroom: Natural Light works as a natural alarm, so let the morning light enter your room and leave your office before its dark. It will automatically help you to sleep better.
- Set the Sleeping and waking time: Your body loves to work with rhythm and set a loop. So maintaining a sleeping and waking time will make your life easy. However, you have to do the same for several weeks.
- Balance out Your Fluid Intake: It is said that excess Urination during the night will affect your sleep quality and it may affect your energy level. So try to consume fluid 1-2 hours before sleeping and use the bathroom right before going to bed.
- Set the Bedroom Temperature: Your body and bedroom temperature have a direct impact on your sleep. It is hard to sleep in too hot and too cold location as it increases your wakefulness. Therefore try to set your bedroom temperature around 20 degree Celsius.
- Control the Evening Meals: Late night meals harm your sleep, so if you want to consume any kind of high-carb meal then do consume it four hours before sleeping.
- Relaxing Bath or Shower Can Make a Big Difference: Many studies have proven that a warm water bath or shower before going to bed can help you to improve your sleep. If you don’t want to take a bath, simply wash your legs 90 minutes before going to sleep.
It’s natural if you occasionally having the sleepless night, but if this problem is constant, you must contact a doctor.
Try to sleep for around 7-8 hours a day as it will help you to stay fresh. The above-given tips will help you with the same.